SRI LANKA TOURISM MOBILE SERVICE IN BENTHOTA
Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) being the national tourism organization is responsible in maintaining the quality standards of all tourist service establishments in the country. Registrations as per the specified criteria and regulations is undertaken by the Standard and Quality Assurance Division. In addition to the new registrations, renewal of licenses of all registered establishments will also lays with Standard and Quality Assurance section.
In order to assist the stake holders in Benthota area, it is planned to organize our next Mobile service at SLTDA Holiday Resort in Bentota from 25th to 27th July 2012.
2. Objectives of the event
The proposed Mobile Service consisted with the following specific objectives.
1) Encourage new tourist establishments to register and obtain the license from SLTDA.
2) Renewal of licenses of registered establishments in Kalutara, Beruwala, Bentota and Ahungalla area.
3) Carry out annual inspections of accommodation establishments, restaurants and other registered establishments.
4) Organizing of service quality enhancement programmes for industry stakeholders.
5) Increase awareness among the stakeholders on the benefits of being registered with SLTDA.
3. Nature of Activities
In order to achieve the above objectives, the following activities will be carried out during the event.
1) Pre publicity campaign to create awareness among the interested parties in the area ( Print Media, Leaflet distribution and mobile announcement).
2) Pre briefing session for industry stakeholders on the requirements for registration.
3) Mobile Service for two days ( SLTDA will provide its services at Benthota).
4) Training programme for tourism industry stakeholders.
5) Inspection visits to the registered establishments in in Benthota area.
4. Event program
Training Programe for Industry Stakeholders (on 25th July 2012)
|Registration of participants
||8.00am – 8.30am
|Lighting of Oil Lamp by invitees
||8.30am – 8.40am
|Welcome address by Divisional Secretary
||8.40am – 8.50am
|Presentation by SLTDA on the objectives
||8.50am – 9.10am
||9.10am – 9.25am
|Starting of Training programe for SME sector stakeholders
||9.30am – 12.30pm
||12.30pm – 1.30pm
|Continuation of Training Programme
||1.30pm – 4.30pm
Training programme will be continued for 26th July 2012
Mobile Service (on 26th & 27th July 2012)
5. Venue, Date & Time
|Training programe for Industry Stakeholders
||25 & 26 July 2012
||SLTDA Holiday Resort
||26 & 27 July 2012
||SLTDA Holiday Resort
Junior Manager (Standard and Quality Assurance),
Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority
No: 80, Galle Road, Colombo 3, Sri Lanka.
Tel: +94 11 2387805
Fax: +94 11 2382623